RECLAMATION OF LANDS, DISTURBED BY OPEN CAST MINING
Time for assimilation is 4.5 ESTS credits (166 hours)
The purpose of discipline - the formation of skills and competence in technology and organization of reclamation of land disturbed by open-cast mining of steeply dipping mineral deposits.
Discipline objectives - to give students a knowledge of the technology and organization of reclamation of land disturbed by open-cast mining of steeply dipping mineral deposits, the definition of parameters and indicators schemes dumping of overburden rock, technological and economic indicators pits on certain criteria, and develop drawings for reclamation of disturbed lands and the restoration of their performance.
The main sections of the discipline:
- legislation of Ukraine in the direction of rational management of open pit mining;
- techno-economic evaluation of the attractiveness of mineral deposits to exploit the open way;
- the basic parameters and the organization of stripping when using ultra-deep pit;
- technology and organization of work at the dump outside the dumps;
- technology and organization of overburden waste storage sites ultra-deep pit;
- method of calculating the cost-effectiveness of ultra-deep mining pits to the storage of overburden in the goaf.
As a result of the discipline "Reclamation of land disturbed by open-pit mining," the student must be able to: define the parameters of dump activities when developing ultra-deep pits with external and internal storage of overburden and place of storage, do drawings in the sketch and scale filling of exhausted quarries, and the use of technological economic criteria to determine the effectiveness of the proposed system of waste overburden, evaluate and analyze the drawings of design patterns of exploitation and the analytical formulas to determine the economic feasibility of the basic parameters and the economical operation of ultra-deep pits.
Types of studies: lectures, practical classes, independent work.
The study ends with discipline standings.